Sunday, August 26, 2012

On Vacation

Well, for better or for worse, Justin and I are officially on vacation. I honestly wasn't sure how I'd feel this week after the complete emotional meltdown I experienced Friday night after saying good-bye to Jocie, but now that we're here in Emerald Isle, NC, I actually do feel happy to be at the beach.

My mood was enhanced greatly during the 9-hour drive yesterday when Justin purchased tickets for us to see one of my favorite bands, Silversun Pickups, play in Cleveland this October! I saw them live a few years ago in Lexington, and I've been dying to see them again ever since. The fact that Justin gets to see them with me in a couple months just makes me look forward to this concert a million times more! (I love having something to look forward to.)

Another reason why my spirits improved during our drive yesterday was because Justin's Dad sent him a couple of photos of Sam and Margot. Sam was laying on the sofa on their wrap-around porch grinning from ear to ear, and Margot was sitting on the other sofa giving Justin's mom a kiss. They both looked very happy. After we arrived at the hotel and Justin called his Mom, she told him that Sam absolutely loves sitting on their enclosed porch, and Margot had discovered Samantha's old dog bones and was hoarding them in her crate (Samantha is Justin's 16 year-old Boxer mix). Knowing that both of my girls are enjoying themselves and being cared for so well definitely contributed to my ability to relax last night.

I'm sad to say that I haven't even seen the ocean yet because Justin and I basically crashed after we arrived at the hotel last night. The rest of our friends are arriving today, though, and we get to check into our GORGEOUS oceanfront beach house. I miss Sam and Margot, but I am definitely ready to have a little fun this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment